WHAT IS FLEECE?
Fleece is a synthetic fabric, originally created to mimic the properties of Wool, while offering many other great features that make it ideal for technical outdoor clothing:
- Highly Breathable
- Soft to the Touch
- Less expensive than Wool
- Easy Care (machine washable)
- Available in different weights for a wide range of temperature & insulation needs
- Hydrophobic (holds less than 1% of its weight in water)
- Retains insulating powers, even when wet
- Quick Dry
- Great alternative for those allergic to Wool
- Vegan alternative to Wool
How Does It Keep You Warm?
Fleece creates a comfortable layer of insulation by trapping air in the pockets between its fibers. This helps to warm air, created by your natural body heat, next to your body.
Fleece is perfect for running, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, ice skating, or any other active cold-weather endeavor, when paired with a wicking base layer. When it comes to extreme cold or wind while snowmobiling, sledding, motorcycling, fishing, hunting, skiing or snowboarding, it’s a comfortable layer when paired with a wind resistant or wind proof outer shell.